Thursday, April 14, 2005

Hiatus

Sorry for the inconsistent posting of late. The children have been out of their various schools on various days for various reasons; we have at least two major personal projects in process right now; and to top it off, it's spring in North Carolina. We must enjoy these rare glorious days of dogwoods and cool breezes before summer's mosquitos and humidity descend.

From where I'm now sitting I can see five white dogwood trees and at least six pink and red azaleas in bloom, floating above a spring green carpet of, well, sorta grass, sorta weeds. In spite of the weeds, some of which like the dandelions even augment the view, God's handiwork is stunning. Did you know he made you like a work of art, fashioned in your mother's womb? Even if you're an identical twin, there is no one else like you in the entire universe. You are awesome, so awesome He created you and He died for you and He welcomes you into His presence 24/7.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. ... All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16